Friday 6 July 2007

I've got a Bike



I read about this track when it was released in about 1991 and I had a mad thought about it recently and decided to track it down, it is by the Fortran 5 and is from an album on mute records called Blues. It is a mixture of two of my heroes called Syd and Sid. It features some great sampling of the late Sid James "singing" the Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett tune "Bike". I'm wondering how hard it must be to sample Bernard Breslaw on a version of Arnold Layne.

Fortran 5 -Bike.mp3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great - thanks for posting it :)

MonoCassette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MonoCassette said...

Thanks Al, I've been wanting to hear this for years.

Wastedpapiers said...

You got to admire there audacity and patience to fit all those words together! Must have taken flippin' ages!