Monday 2 July 2007

Bank Holiday Monday



Here is a great pop song from a friend of mine, Dom Barry, here he sings a bitter-sweet refrain about the British Bank Holiday Monday, we get quite a few around this time of year, I don't know why the banks get all the holidays.

Anyway when I was a lad most bank holidays didn't actually see my family setting off to the zoo, we were generally watching dad decorating the lounge in some strange colourful way, and laughing as he put his foot through the glass radio panel of the sideboard with a record player within that was the Radiogram of the house.

I spent hours listening to the handful of records we used to have in the front room in Llanbradach, I may post some here.

Anyway three cheers for Dom and his anhedonic classic.
Bank_Holiday_Monday.mp3

1 comment:

Wastedpapiers said...

Excellent stuff! I have known bank holidays like that. June seemed to be one long bank holiday!